Banner

WELCOME TO MY BLOG --------------- Check out the new accessibility menu found in the bottom left corner --------------- All new in Crochet: 42 new toys & 9 new pillows --------------- Lots to see and do with Tech Tips, Games, free PC Wallpapers & Crafts. --------------- Enjoy your stay
Need to chat live with me for tips and tricks with your computer or crafts? Click the LIVE CHAT menu link above. Check out the all new accessibility feature. Look for this icon in the bottom left corner

Saturday, July 16, 2022

COPY/PASTE VS CUT/PASTE

 I made a big boo boo on my computer yesterday.


I was moving my video files to a larger storage drive. Without even thinking about it I just started to cut and paste the videos to the new drive. Right in the middle of a 51 video transfer the breaker to my room tripped cutting the power to my room. That meant "BYE BYE" to those 51 videos. 

When you cut and paste files the cut files are held in the computer's buffer till they get copied to the new location then they are purged from the buffer.

Had I used "COPY" instead, the files would have remained in the old drive and I would have not lost a single one.


Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments always welcome